Membership in the Transparent Watercolor Society of America is open to any resident of North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico) over the age of 18. There is no jurying requirement for a basic membership and we welcome both artists and supporters of the arts.
Benefits of membership in TWSA:
- Eligibility to enter the annual national exhibition
- Priority enrollment in the annual workshops taught by well-known watercolorists and also in day-long workshops during the year
- Complimentary copy of the full-color catalog of the annual exhibition
- Access to Masters on Call
- Periodic e-newsletters that share member news and update you on events and subjects of interest to watercolorists
Becoming a member:
Annual dues cover a calendar year and are payable beginning October 1 for the calendar year starting the following January. During the entry period for the annual juried exhibition -- October 1 through January 31 -- dues are payable in conjunction with entry fees. In addition, anyone who joins or renews through April will receive a copy of the annual Exhibition Catalog. For those who join or renew after April, the catalog will be available for a separate fee. There is no prorating of dues. Dues, donations, and contributions to the TWSA Awards Fund are tax-deductible donations.
- Participating member -- $40 annually -- basic membership benefits
- Life member -- one-time payment of $600 -- basic membership benefits; no further annual dues payments required
- Signature member -- $40 annual dues or Life membership -- artists who have been accepted into three national exhibitions (with no time limit) qualify for signature membership. Signature members who maintain continuous annual membership (or become a Life Member) are authorized to use TWSA after their name and will be listed in the exhibition catalog and on the TWSA website, with a link to their own website.
Click here to apply for membership online.Alternatively, you can download a membership application in PDF format and mail it with a check to the address on the form. If you're using Firefox, the application may look strange on your screen, but it will be OK when you download the file.
If you have problems opening the membership application PDF, you may need to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.